Hollenbeck’s Cider Mill has officially opened. We’ve gathered up some important information so that you can make the most of your trip!
Plan Your Visit
The best time to visit Hollenbeck’s Cider Mill is on the weekends. It is also the busiest during the weekend. Here are a few tips to get the most out of your trip.
- Bring cash! Hollenbeck’s only accepts cash or checks so be sure to know about how much you want to spend and have cash in hand.
- Order your pie in advance! Panicking over the long line at the bakery and afraid they might run out of Dutch Apple or Pumpkin? Order your pies in advance! Just make sure you give them at least 24 hours’ notice. Choose from Apple, Dutch Apple, Pumpkin, Pecan, Blueberry, Dutch Blueberry, Cherry, Dutch Cherry, Peach, Dutch Pead, Raspberry, blackberry, Lemon, Lime, and Sugar-Free Apple.
- Donut line first. It will most likely be the longest line there and that’s why you should go there first. Donuts come in half or full dozen orders and you can choose from plain, cinnamon, or powdered sugar. As you get closer to the order window (you pay here too) you can catch a glimpse at the donuts being made. It’s important to note that donuts are only made at the weekend. Donuts are made fresh every weekend until Halloween and then they take a break until January.
- Cider made the old-fashioned way. The weekends are the time to watch the cider making process. Watching the apples being crushed using a Boomer & Boschert Knuckle Joint Press that was designed in 1870 is amazing to see. You can watch the work being done up close. Purchase cider by the gallon or half gallon at the check-out counter.
- Way more than cider & donuts! Before you leave be sure to explore the country store display opposite the check-out counter. Choose from cheeses, curds and spreads, or local honey and maple products. They carry no sugar added items as well.
Celebrate the start of Fall in Cortland County with a visit to Hollenbeck’s Cider Mill!
Check out their website for their open hours as they change seasonally.
Hollenbeck’s Cider Mill has been family owned and operated since 1933. From our humble beginning pressing cider in an old barn during the Depression, we have grown into making donuts, baking pies, and selling a range of delightful products including jams, jellies, pickles, candy, maple syrup, honey and cheeses. We are located in lovely Virgil, New York, where we proudly serve the surrounding community by offering high-quality products and a chance to see how they’re made. It’s not just our tradition, it’s yours.
1265 State Route 392
Virgil, NY 13045
607 835 6455